Attendance for the Young Women’s Conference is limited to groups of at least 3 and at most 10 young women. Typically, schools select students to attend based on interest and performance in science classes. If you are a parent or guardian thinking of bringing your daughter to the event, it is required that you bring at least 3 young women to maximize attendance. Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited, so we encourage you to complete the registration process as early as possible. Registration is free, but must be completed and SUBMITTED by March 1, 2020. **THE EVENT IS USUALLY FULL BEFORE CHRISTMAS BREAK, PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!**
In order to register, schools must provide the total number of students attending (limit of 10 students and 1 chaperone), any dietary restrictions, and a media release form signed by the student's parent/guardian. Requests to bring more than 10 students should be noted in the "Comments" section of the registration form and you will be notified after the registration deadline if we can accommodate your group. Please do not attempt to register more than 10 students for one school under different accounts. The registration will not be accepted or considered until after the registration deadline, space permitting.
UNDER-SERVED SCHOOLS WILL BE PERMITTED TO REGISTER UP TO 20 YOUNG WOMEN, ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS, SPACE PERMITTING.
Download a copy of our media release form. Please have a parent or guardian for each student print, complete/sign and return to you. You must then RETURN to your YWC registration form and upload each signed form. The registration system can only accept one document to upload; multiple media release forms should be scanned as one document then uploaded.
Please make sure to pack a lunch for the day as lunch is no longer provided. You will need to carry it with you until lunchtime, so please pack accordingly. There is no place to purchase lunch on the day of the event and, since we will be on a tight schedule, there will not be enough time to order anything to be delivered to you on campus (pizza, etc.).
**Important to note**
- We will be using a new form (link also at the top of the page) for YWC registration this year!
- Registering for the YWC does not automatically guarantee your acceptance. **SAVE THE EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION**. You will be able to click on "edit your form" so that you can upload your media release forms. Just follow the steps and resubmit the form.
- You will receive an email letting you know of the status of your registration before the Thanksgiving holiday break. Once you have been accepted, you will be able to return to your form.
We have a very limited amount of support for buses available for schools that demonstrate need. Please email Deedee Ortiz with any inquiries on transportation requests to YWC.
Our exhibitors and speakers have been:
- Princeton University
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)/GFDL
- NJ Medical Examiner's Office
- Liberty Science Center
- Princeton Power Systems
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, Evidence Response Team
- and many more!!
If you have any questions, please contact Deedee Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org