PPPL’s Technology Transfer Office guides inventors through the process from filing patents to working with potential partners to commercialize technologies in partnership with the Princeton University Office of Technology Licensing.
PPPL provides support and encouragement to our community of inventors who are learning entrepreneurial skills through programs funded by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) such as a mini Energy I-Corps program. Our researchers can also take advantage of numerous programs through Princeton University.
Researchers have recently developed technologies such as a hand-held device based on low temperature plasma that could be used to quickly and easily disinfect surfaces and a plasma-based rocket thruster. Experts are also available to assist small businesses and provide technological help and guidance.
Begin a Partnership
Contact Laurie Bagley, Head, Technology Transfer
There are numerous ways to partner with us. Some of the partnering mechanisms available include:
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA)
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP) (Non-Federal) - formerly Work for Others
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs
- Technology Licensing Agreement
- Strategic Partnership Projects
Want more details? See our Frequently Asked Questions