Information for Verifiers
Princeton University utilizes The Work Number by Equifax to automate verifications of employment and accelerate qualifying decisions for faculty and staff. The online system is available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Verifiers who need to obtain proof of employment or income through The Work Number will need:
- Credentialed access to use The Work Number
- The Princeton University employer code, which is 14343
- The employee’s Social Security number
- A permissible purpose for accessing the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Direct employee consent, if income or salary information is needed
Verifiers who are able to complete the verification of employment through The Work Number, please follow the instructions below to complete the verification:
- Please visit www.theworknumber.com and select “I’m a Verifier”
- Provide the following:
- Employer Name or Code: Princeton University
- Employer Code is 14343
- Employee’s Social Security Number
For more information, visit The Work Number or call The Work Number client service center at (800) 367-5690.
For wage garnishments or student verifications, contact Payroll at (609) 258-3082 or Payroll@princeton.edu
Employment & Income Verifications Request
For verification of employment or income that cannot be processed through The Work Number, requests must be made in writing and include a signed authorization form from the employee. A signature authorizing the release of information is required. If the signature is not on the form, it will delay processing. HR makes every attempt to complete verification in a timely fashion.
Send requests to:
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
Human Resources Employment Verification
P.O. Box 451
Princeton, NJ 08543-0451
Fax (609) 243-2050