Many Voices, One Future is Princeton's institutional movement toward greater diversity and inclusion. We're continually working to make the University a place where everyone's perspectives are welcomed and valued, resulting in a positive and more successful future for the institution and the members of our community. We believe having a diverse community is the only way to maintain our position as a world-class university.
This effort is for all members of the campus community — faculty, staff and students of all genders, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic status, sexual orientations, religions, disabilities, ages, beliefs and cultural backgrounds. We want to ensure fair, equal access to opportunities such as admission, jobs and promotions. We also want you to feel empowered to connect with others and help make Princeton more inclusive. The University has been working on these goals for many years, and we've created many programs to support our diversity and inclusion goals. But our campus demographics don't reflect society as well as they should, so the work will continue.
With this website, we've created a portal highlighting many of the initiatives related to diversity and inclusion across campus.
This website provides information on discrimination and harassment, among other topics.
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) Staff Demographics
At PPPL, we aspire to provide a positive work environment that respects all individuals and encourages excellent work performance and high morale. We provide comprehensive benefits and policies that help employees achieve work life balance and strive to offer programs and services that promote the University's commitment to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
These figures reflect PPPL’s employee population as of July 1, 2016 with 530 total employees.
- Researchers: Scientist, PI’s Research Engineers
- Postdoctoral Scientist
- Engineers: non Research Engineers, e.g. Systems, Civil, Facilities, Mechanical and Electrical
- Research Support: Non Researchers or Engineers, e.g. Technicians, Research Associates
- Operations Staff: Non Research Support, Engineers or Research Support, e.g. Finance, HR, Institutional Assurance, Administrators, Facilities non engineers
- Graduate Students: Graduate students employed by the Lab
- Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate students employed by the Lab