Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
At PPPL, we aspire to provide a positive work environment that respects all individuals and encourages excellent work performance and high morale. We provide comprehensive benefits and policies that help employees achieve work life balance and strive to offer programs and services that promote Princeton's commitment to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
Many Voices, One Future is Princeton's institutional movement toward greater diversity and inclusion. We're continually working to make Princeton a place where everyone's perspectives are welcomed and valued, resulting in a positive and more successful future for the institution and the members of our community. We believe having a diverse workforce is the only way to maintain our position as a world-class leader.
This effort is for all members of the Princeton community — staff, faculty, visiting scientists and students of all genders, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic status, sexual orientations, religions, disabilities, ages, beliefs and cultural backgrounds. We want to provide fair, equal access to opportunities such as jobs and promotions. We also want you our staff to feel empowered to connect with others and help make Princeton more inclusive.
A message from Steve Cowley, PPPL Director
"The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory places the highest value on having a diverse staff. We recognize that having a talented and capable staff with a rich variety of backgrounds, interests, experiences, and intellectual and cultural viewpoints is vital for our Laboratory. Diversity is at the heart of our Laboratory’s core value of responsibility, which states that we strive to be diverse and inclusive.
A diverse staff is key to PPPL carrying out our scientific mission of developing fusion energy as a plentiful, safe, and abundant source of generating electric energy. We take this goal very seriously at PPPL and we believe that each member of our staff contributes to our mission. This is a challenging and exciting time at our national laboratory, full of opportunities for growth for our existing and future staff. We hope you will find out more about our diversity efforts, our scientific research, and our open positions here at PPPL. We look forward to hearing from you." - Steve Cowley, PPPL Director
PPPL’s Core Values
PPPL has identified its core values as Responsibility, Innovation, Safety, and Engagement (RISE)
- Responsibility – We are accountable, respectful, ethical and we strive to be diverse and inclusive.
- Innovation – We pursue transformative ideas and leading-edge solutions in science, engineering, technology and operations.
- Safety – We are vigilant about safety through training, education, and prevention.
- Engagement – We are passionately committed to and focused on scientific, engineering, and operational excellence.
- Lab Senior Leadership: Director, Deputy Director, Associate Lab Director
- Operations Management: Business Management, Computer Systems, Communications, ESHQ, Facilities Ops, HR, Legal, Tech Transfer, Strategic Planning
- Operations Support Staff: Non-management: support roles
- Research/Technical Management: Engineering Management, Research Management, Technical Management
- Technical Research Staff: Non-management: Researchers, Scientists, or Engineers
- Post-Doctoral: Post-doc employees
- Graduate Students: Graduate students employed by the Lab
- Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate students employed by the Lab
- PPPL Diversity and Inclusion news
- National Laboratory Directors’ Council website - national lab diversity information
- Princeton University Diversity and Inclusion demographics