Workshop in Plasma Physics for Undergraduates (Virtual for 2020)
The 2020 Undergraduate Workshop in Plasma Physics will be held REMOTELY July 27-30, 2020. Applications are now open until July 3rd
The PPPL Undergraduate Workshop in Plasma Physics is a chance for undergraduate freshmen and sophomore students to learn about the fields of plasma physics, fusion, and the research done at PPPL. The four-day workshop includes lectures and remote activitites covering topics in calculus, electromagnetism, computational physics, and plasma physics and fusion. PPPL will be in curtailment during the 2020 Summer so the workshop will be held entirely via zoom and other online tools. To accommodate time zones, the workshop will have half day schedules 12:30m-5pmET, July 27-30.
The four-day workshop includes:
- Virtual tour of the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab
- Lectures and remote activities covering topics in calculus, electromagnetism, computational physics, and plasma physics and fusion.
- Meeting with current undergraduate interns and graduate students
Underrepresented students especially encouraged to apply.
- Freshman or sophomore at 2-year or 4-year college or university
- Freshman level understanding of electromagnetism and calculus
For more information email Shannon Greco at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note, these are the updated dates for the workshop.
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory managed by Princeton University.
© 2020 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.