Workshop in Plasma Physics for MSI Faculty
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory invites you to participate in the Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Workshop in Plasma Physics!
The workshop will be held all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 29 through July 1, 2018. Participants are expected to arrive Thursday evening and depart Sunday evening (or Monday morning) if outside commuting distance of Princeton, NJ.
The 3 Day workshop includes:
- Tour of the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab
- Plasma physics lecture and discussion
- In-depth study of the DC discharge experiment, an inexpensive setup that can be reproduced in the classroom, including the study of: Paschen's Law, plasma spectroscopy, and Langmuir probes.
- Discussion about including plasma physics in the classroom.
- Scheduled lunch with PPPL scientists and faculty.
- Participants will receive travel to/from Princeton, housing, and meals.
- Participants will receive a partial grant to construct the experiment at their home institutions.
Apply here! Application closes May 31, 2018.
For more information email Deedee Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory managed by Princeton University.
© 2018 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.