High School Summer Internship
Internship opportunities for the summer of 2018 are available for highly motivated high school students at PPPL!
High School Summer Internship Application - Applications are open Thanksgiving through January 31!
PPPL's Science Education department offers a limited number of internship positions for outstanding high school graduating seniors during the SUMMER AFTER THEY GRADUATE. This paid internship offers students the chance to work on a project with a member of our research or engineering staff. Dates are flexible depending on the participant's school schedule.
To be eligible for the summer internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying (to participate in the internship the summer after they graduate).
- Able to work at PPPL during regular business hours.
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY WORK IS NOT ALLOWED.
- United States citizens or permanent resident alien at the time of applying
- Able to obtain transportation to and from the laboratory. (The High School Internship is a commuter program. Housing is NOT provided. Reimbursement for mileage to/from the lab is NOT provided).
It is strongly recommended that:
- Students have some experience relevant to an experimental or computational project in plasma physics
- Students have a strong interest in plasma physics, fusion energy, etc.
- Students have taken some or all of the following classes: physics, chemistry, advanced math, engineering, etc.
- Students have some experience with coding/computer languages.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Shannon Greco at: email@example.com
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory managed by Princeton University.
© 2018 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.