The PPPL MSI Faculty Workshop in Plasma Physics is an immersive three-day workshop for faculty members of institutions with large underrepresented minority populations, as well as women’s colleges. This includes, but is not limited to, HBCs and Hispanic serving institutions.
The three-day workshop includes:
- Tour of the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab
- Plasma physics lecture and discussion
- In-depth study of the DC discharge experiment, an inexpensive setup that can be reproduced in the classroom, including the study of: Paschen's Law, plasma spectroscopy, and Langmuir probes.
- Discussion about including plasma physics in the classroom.
- Scheduled lunch with PPPL scientists and faculty.
Participants will receive travel to/from Princeton, housing, and meals.
Participants will receive a partial grant to construct the experiment at their home institutions.
For more information email Shannon Greco at email@example.com