The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is operated by Princeton University for the United States Department of Energy (DOE). As such the following rules apply:
- This web site is part of a Federal computer system used to accomplish Federal functions. The Department of Energy monitors this web site for security purposes to ensure it remains available to all users and to protect information in the system. Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy. By accessing this web site, you are expressively consenting to these monitoring activities.
- Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized site, Department of Energy, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring, recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion of authorized site or Department of Energy personnel.
- Unauthorized attempts to defeat or circumvent security features, to use the system for other than intended purposes, to deny service to authorized users, to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information, or otherwise to interfere with the system or its operation are prohibited. Evidence of such acts may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and result in criminal prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996, codified at section 1030 of Title 18 of the United States Code, or other applicable criminal laws.
By continuing to use this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. LOG OFF IMMEDIATELY if you do not agree to the conditions stated in this warning.
This system is made available by an agency of the United States Government. Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof. The views and opinions of originators expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government or any agency thereof.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit a DOE web site unless otherwise stated or unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we collect and store certain information automatically. What we collect and store automatically is:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the domain from which you access the Internet (i.e., 123.456.789.012) whether your's individually or provided as a proxy by your Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- the date and time you access our site,
- the pages you peruse (recorded by the text and graphics files that compose that page), and
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site.
We use the summary statistics to help us make our site more useful to visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest to visitors, and for other purposes such as determining the site's technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
This information is NOT shared with anyone beyond the support staff to this home page, except when required by law enforcement investigation, and is used only as a source of anonymous statistical information.
Comments Sent by E-Mail
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in an e-mail message containing your comments or questions. We use this information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. There are times when your message is forwarded, as e-mail, to other DOE or Laboratory employees who may be better able to help you. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.