The successful applicant will demonstrate proficiency in managing Linux systems used for typical infrastructure services, like web. NTP, DNS, NFS fileserving, etc. A college level understanding of system configuration and setup is required. Working experience is not required for this entry-level position.
The applicant should have a good understanding of:
- System configuration and implementation
- Network configuration for a typical high performance server
- Protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH
- Filesystem architectures and an understanding of NFS configuration
- Disk configuration, including logical volume management and RAID arrays
- Implementation of high availability features to maximize uptime
- Virtualization of platforms to host multiple OS instances
- Knowledge of ZFS is preferred
A Bachelor's degree is required. System and OS certifications are a plus.