Community College Internship (CCI)
The Community College Internship (CCI) program at PPPL is for students interested in technical careers relevant to plasma physics and fusion energy research. Students work under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists or engineers, on projects supporting PPPL's research. Internship appointments are for 10 weeks in the summer, students are offered housing on the Princeton University campus and a stipend of $500/week.
**The PPPL 2017 CCI program dates are June 12-August 18, 2017.**
What is Expected of Each Participant
Complete a research paper and present a poster summarizing your research at the end of the summer
Attend all scheduled events including lectures, seminars, tours and group activities
- Conduct yourself in a responsible and professional manner
Eligibility for the CCI program requires that all applicants:
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college and completed at least one semester at the time of applying.
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours towards a degree.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses as a matriculating student.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien at the time of applying.
- Proof of an earned High School diploma or for passing all five GED tests required to achieve a Certificate of General Educational Development should be provided on the applicant’s undergraduate transcripts.
For additional information on the CCI program and to apply, please visit the Department of Energy CCI website.
For more information about the program, please contact Deedee Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.