High School Semester-Long Internship
Internship opportunities during the school year are avaialble for highly motivated high school students at PPPL!
The 2016 spring internship application will open on September 1!
High School Spring Internship Application - Apply by November 30!
PPPL's Science Education department offers a limited number of internship positions for outstanding high school seniors throughout the school year. Each term, which lasts about 16-weeks, offers students the chance to work on a project with a member of our research or engineering staff.
To be eligible for the semester-long internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying
- Able to arrange with their school a schedule that provides sufficient release time
- Able to work at PPPL during regular business hours for at least 8 hours/week in periods of at least 4 hours per day.**
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY WORK IS NOT ALLOWED.
- United States citizens or permanent resident alien at the time of applying
- Able to obtain transportation to and from the laboratory. (The High School Internship is a commuter program. Housing is NOT provided. Reimbursement for mileage to/from the lab is NOT provided).
It is strongly recommended that:
- Students have some experience relevant to an experimental or computational project in plasma physics
- Students have a strong interest in plasma physics, fusion energy, etc.
- Students have taken some or all of the following classes: physics, chemistry, advanced math, engineering, etc.
**Note: Internships during the school year require students to have early release from school. We cannot accommodate students who are only available after regular school hours. Regular business hours are Mon.-Fri., 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Shannon Greco at: email@example.com
© 2015 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.