High School Internship
Internship opportunities during the school year are avaialble for highly motivated high school students at PPPL!
The 2015 spring internship application is closed; please check back regularly for the 2015 fall application.
PPPL's Science Education department offers a limited number of internship positions for outstanding high school seniors throughout the school year. Each term, which lasts about 16-weeks, offers students the chance to work on a project with a member of our research or engineering staff.
For ALL PPPL High School Internships, students must be:
- United States citizens or permanent resident alien at the time of applying
- Able to obtain transportation to and from the laboratory. (The High School Internship is a commuter program. Housing is NOT provided. Reimbursement for mileage to/from the lab is NOT provided).
It is strongly recommended that:
- Students have some experience relevant to an experimental or computational project in plasma physics
- Students have a strong interest in plasma physics, fusion energy, etc.
- Students have taken some or all of the following classes: physics, chemistry, advanced math, engineering, etc.
To be eligible for the semester-long internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying
- Able to arrange with their school a schedule that provides sufficient release time
- Able to work at PPPL during regular business hours for at least 8 hours/week in periods of at least 4 hours per day.**
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY WORK IS NOT ALLOWED.
**Note: This will require students to have early release from school. We cannot accommodate students who are only available after regular school hours. Regular business hours are Mon.-Fri., 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Shannon Greco at: email@example.com
© 2015 Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. All rights reserved.