High School Internship
Opportunities exist for motivated high school students in the central New Jersey area to perform independent laboratory work in plasma physics. A limited number of paid internships are available in the summer and unpaid internships for credit may be available throughout the school year.
For ALL PPPL High School Internships, students must be:
- United States citizens or permanent resident alien at the time of applying
- Able to obtain transportation to and from the laboratory. (The High School Internship is a commuter program. Housing is NOTprovided. Reimbursement for mileage to/from the lab is NOT provided).
It is strongly recommended that:
- Students have prior research experience.
- Students have a strong interest in plasma physics, plasma science, fusion energy, etc.
- Students have taken some or all of the following classes: physics, chemistry, advanced math, engineering, etc.
To be eligible for the summer internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 summer internship program. Only students that are graduating high school in 2014 are eligible.
The deadline to apply is February 21, 2014. Apply here!
To be eligible for the semester-long internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating junior or senior in high school at the time of applying
- Able to receive credit from your high school for the work done at PPPL
- Able to work at PPPL during regular business hours for at least 8 hours/week in periods of at least 3 hours at a time.**
**Note: This will require students to have early release from school at minimum. We cannot accommodate students who are only available after regular school hours.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014 spring internship program! The deadline to apply was December 14, 2013.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Shannon Greco at: firstname.lastname@example.org