High School Internship
For ALL PPPL High School Internships, students must be:
- United States citizens or permanent resident alien at the time of applying
- Able to obtain transportation to and from the laboratory. (The High School Internship is a commuter program. Housing is NOT provided. Reimbursement for mileage to/from the lab is NOT provided).
It is strongly recommended that:
- Students have prior research experience.
- Students have a strong interest in plasma physics, plasma science, fusion energy, etc.
- Students have taken some or all of the following classes: physics, chemistry, advanced math, engineering, etc.
To be eligible for the semester-long internships, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying.
- The student will be solely responsible for arranging their schedule with their school. Student should also be able to receive some sort of credit for the student's work at PPPL.
- Able to work at PPPL during regular business hours for at least 8 hours/week in periods of at least 4 hours per day.**
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY WORK IS NOT ALLOWED.
**Note: This will require students to have early release from school at a minimum. We cannot accommodate students who are only available after regular school hours. Regular business hours are Mon.-Fri., 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
To be eligible for the summer internships, students must be:
At least 16 years of age AND a graduating senior in high school at the time of applying
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Shannon Greco at: email@example.com